Saturday 30 June 2012

The Gamble (Colorado Mountain #1) - Kristen Ashley

I've had this series on my TBR shelves for a while and I have no idea why I waited so long to read! Now the heroes lack of pronouns killed my heart a little as lover of English but I pushed past that and enjoyed the story for what it is. There were so many surprises, twists and turns. I didn't at all find it predictable and I generally do when reading contemporary romance novels. This was my first Kristen Ashley book and I loved it.

It's so real and raw and gritty. I think those words sum it up nicely. I was surprised by the length of it actually. I haven't come across many contemporary romance novels that's longer in length. But hey, I'm not complaining. It meant I could savour it and have more to enjoy as I kept turning the pages. A page turner, that's another good way of explaining this novel. It keeps you turning the pages, begging you to just keep on reading.

This book had it all. There was mystery and suspense, lots and lots of drama and conflict, and not only the steamy relationship between the hero and heroine but the tenderness between them and the cuteness between the other couples like Mindy and Jeff. I loved the backstory woven throughout this as well. It kept us interested and engaged.

I loved all the characters we meet in the town of Gnaw Bone. Although word travels fast and there is basically no privacy but what else can you expect from small towns.

So, some people may be out of by Max's controlling and domineering ways but Nina is not push over, she's feisty and she's not afraid to bite back. Finally! A heroine who actually has a backbone and isn't afraid to step up to her man. I loved their relationship. And Max, he's protective and possessive... And he made me melt. Every single time he touched her or kissed her or even looked at her. He's a true alpha male and I loved every minute of it.

I only hope this author writes her other males similarly because I can't wait to devour those heroes.

Next up, I'm reading the next book in the series; Sweet Dreams.

MY RATING - 5 SWOONS

No comments:

Post a Comment