Saturday 23 June 2012

Sheltered - Charlotte Stein

Almost everyone has gone crazy loving this book. I enjoyed it, but I am definitely not crazy in love with it like many others seem to be which is kind of a let down.

I expected to swoon, my heart to beat fast and butterflies in my stomach, but I didn't really get any of that. I'm not sure if I went into this with my expectations too high or if I just wasn't in the mood or I merely just didn't connect with it. But I felt disappointed after reading this.

The best part about this book was Van. He is big and tough, dabbles in drugs, rides a motorcycle and not to mention... covered in tattoos and used to have a tongue piercing. But he was so damn sweet and tender. Just the way I, and probably billions of other women, like my men. Van cared for Evie so much. He fought for her, defended her, broke her out of her shell and introduced her to a lot of things in life we take for granted such as reading a magazine, watching movies with sex and/or violence, eating food that is in no way good for us and merely listening to any type of music we enjoy.

MY RATING - 3 SWOONS

No comments:

Post a Comment