Saturday 30 June 2012

Lady Luck (Colorado Mountain #3) - Kristen Ashley

I really loved this. Lexie was goofy and adorable and just so damn loving, I really enjoyed reading these kinds of qualities in a heroine. Now Ty was an asshole more than a few times to Lexie which made my heart clench but the way he reconciled it and the stuff he said made my heart swell. I didn't like when he called her 'mama' but that's just my personal opinion. On the other hand, I loved the times he called 'baby'. I always love it when any heroes I read, in any genre, in any scenario, when they call the heroine 'baby'.

I liked how this was more connected to the second book. We got to see more of our beloved characters from the previous books. And I loved all the new characters we met.

I thought this was the end of the Colorado Mountain series and then I found out there are three more books. Chase and Faye book will be released soon (OMG my heart), another book has two characters I haven't met and the last is Wood and Maggie's. I feel like I've hit the jackpot. Thanks Kristen Ashley!

I don't think anyone grasps how excited I am for Faye and Chase's book. You could guess my disappointment when I finished this book and nothing had happened. So you can now imagine how gleefully excited I was when I discovered they are getting their own book. Now, excuse me while I go squeal like a little girl.

MY RATING - 4½ SWOONS

I would just like the point out one scene, probably one of the best scenes out of everything I've read, that I think I will remember for quite some time. I wanted to sob after reading this. It's just so damn bittersweet.

“Your nightmare, mama, was my dream.”
My heart clenched.
He kept going. “Never had a home until you gave me one.”
My breath started sticking.
“Never had anyone give to me the way you gave to me.”
My breath stopped sticking and clogged.
“Never thought of findin’ a woman who I wanted to have my baby.”
Oh God.“Never had light in my life, never, not once, I lived wild but I didn’t burn bright until you shined your light on me.”
Oh God.“Whacked, fuckin’ insane, but, at night, you curled in front of me, didn’t mind I did that time that wasn’t mine ‘cause it meant I walked out to you.”
He had to stop. He had to.
He didn’t.
“Your nightmare,” he whispered, turned his head and against my neck he finished, “my dream.”
Then he kissed my neck, gave me one last squeeze of his long, strong, powerful arms then he let me go, shifted back, got to his feet and I heard his footsteps walking away.

Now if this scene doesn't convince you to read this novel, I honestly don't know what else would.

No comments:

Post a Comment