Saturday 30 June 2012

Sweet Dreams (Colorado Mountain #2) - Kristen Ashley

Okay so where should I start with this one? I know I enjoyed the hell out of reading it. It was a roller coaster ride but I'd pay to ride it again.

I'm not used to reading an heroine who is in her early 40's. In fact I've never read one. But since I only read heroines who are over age 20, I liked reading an older heroine. She certainly knows how to stand up for herself and she was no pushover which I absolutely love!

Tate is pretty stubborn, hard headed, pissed off a lot of the time and say mean shit that he doesn't mean but still hurts... But I still loved him. Hey, any man who is special enough to cure their woman's insomnia that she's had all her life is pretty damn special in my book. Seriously, he stayed up with her, held her, talked to her, tired her out so she could sleep... If you know what I mean.

Again, I didn't predict who the murderer was. So I'm either not the sharpest tool in the shed or KA really know how to write in a way that keeps a reader guessing and when the cat is let out of the bag, really knows how to shock her readers.

I loved Jonah, Shambles and Sunny, I even loved Wood, he was such a sweetheart, I felt sorry for him. Not surprisingly, I hated Neeta, with a vengeance. Anyone who reads this will feel the same way.

Now I'm really not sure how this is connected with the first book. It isn't really at all. We aren't even in Gnaw Bone anymore. It's set in a town close to it called Carnal. I think Nina was mentioned twice and Max was mentioned once.

Now the writing wasn't perfect and I thought there was way too many descriptions about the clothes, shoes, accessories and make up the heroine wears on different occasions but if you can push pass that then you'll enjoy this.

MY RATING - 4½ STARS

No comments:

Post a Comment