Thursday 19 July 2012

Head Over Heels (Lucky Harbor #3) - Jill Shalvis

Sawyer was UNF. He was so sweet and strong, so very vulnerable in many ways, he was protective, and so caring, not only for the heroine but everybody in Lucky Harbour. My heart broke for him throughout the scenes between Sawyer and his father.

We finally got to know the Wild Child of the three sisters, Chloe. The only sister out of the three who was raised by Phoebe and didn't know her father. I really enjoyed reading getting to know Chloe better. Though she appears immature and confident and care free, we really see a much deeper layer to Chloe which I really loved because we got to know her so much better.

As always, Jill Shalvis did not fail deliver. It was romantic with enough drama and conflict to keep the story interesting. I really do love Jill Shalvis' contemporary romances. They aren't overly cliché. Jill writes them in a way that the reader never has to roll their eyes as we tend to do a lot when contemporary romances are written way too cliché and predictable.

Now I need to mention what made me swoon most of all. I was very interested to see how the author was going to write the hero dealing with Chloe's asthmas problems and I imagined myself swooning like crazy... And swooning I did. Sawyer researched about how to deal with having a lover who is a bad asthmatic and he then proceeded to observe her breathing patterns whilst making love to her in order to make sure she is okay. And if that doesn't make you fall in love with Sawyer already... He purchased a nebuliser for his own home so Chloe could use it if need be whenever she was at his house... I have butterflies in my stomach just thinking about it.

Ladies, if you haven't already read, please do. By the end, you'll be longing for you very own Sawyer.


MY RATING - 5 SWOONS

No comments:

Post a Comment