Thursday 19 July 2012

Motorcycle Man (Dream Man #4) - Kristen Ashley

Motorcycle Man was the fourth and final book on the Dream Man series. Words cannot express what I am feeling right now. This book is one hell of a roller coaster. My gosh. I don’t whether to cry, to jump up and down, to laugh… my heart is beating, my stomach is fluttering. I’m swooning like crazy. LIKE CRAZY!

Tyra, or Red as Tack likes to call her, was a great heroine. I could totally sympathise with her throughout this entire book. I mean, Tack didn’t make it easy on her, starting a relationship with him, in a world very foreign to the one she’s always lived in. He confused her, annoyed her, angered her, pissed her off so badly, was an incredible jerk to her… but despite all that, it’s a part of his character and he sure as hell redeemed himself big time.

Tack is… words cannot adequately describe his character. He is laid back, he is who he is, he knows exactly who he is and he doesn’t change for anyone. He can be a jerk, a huge pain in the ass to the point where you don’t know whether to kick him or kiss him, but you love him regardless. He’s so damn sweet, that man has a way with words. He keeps it real. He is fiercely protective. He is everything an alpha male is supposed to be – protective, possessive, bossy, controlling, yet sweet, tender, so wonderful you want to cry. Did I mention he is buff, has tatts, rides a motorcycle? I’m swooning once again.

I laughed in this novel. I cried to the point where my chest was so heavy because of the despair Tack felt at the hospital. For those of you that have read this, you know EXACTLY what I’m talking about. I swooned. I swooned so hard, I nearly pulled a muscle. If you were to ask me how you manage to pull a muscle by swooning, I couldn’t tell you.

My favourite part… there were way too many. I loved it so much when Tyra went ballistic at that 23 year old loser and taught him a lesson herself. I was so damn proud! And Tack’s ‘hand on throat to feel a pulse’ touch was…. No words. I melted into a pile of goo and wanted to cry at the sheer beautifulness of it. But I thought KA was absolutely, positively, freaking GENIUS with the point of view change between the four heroes and heroines of the Dream Man series. I nearly burst out of my chair with excitement when I read these parts.

KA… fucking fantastic, girl. Fucking. Fantastic.

(On a side note, I cannot wait for the Chaos series. So excited!)

I leave you with this quote said by Tack that just about sums up the whole concept of this entire series.

“You don’t know this baby, but some men have dream women too.”

MY RATING - 5+ SWOONS

No comments:

Post a Comment