Thursday 19 July 2012

Lucky in Love (Lucky Harbor #4) - Jill Shalvis

So this is the fourth book in the Lucky Harbour series and I was worried because I wonder how or if it could live up to the first three books with the hotness of the heroes; Jax, Ford and Sawyer. I should have known better. Jill Shalvis did not fail to deliver.

Ty, aka Mysterious Cute Guy who was mentioned a few times in the third book, was absolutely amazing. He was so damned swoony. He was a Navy SEAL, and as if they doesn’t already adequately represent his hotness, he’s tall, muscular, haunted by his personal demons in the past, protective and possessive, and just an all round alpha male. He is so the opposite of Mr. Wrong. He is so much more than Mr. Right. I think there should be a whole new title to sufficiently to describe how incredible he is. I want a Ty of my own. I think I speak for all the women in the universe when I say I think we all want a Ty for ourselves.

I loved the heroine, Mallory! She was so damn sweet and how passionate she was about saving people, helping them, healing them. She’s compassionate and intelligent. I’d love for her to be my nurse if I ever needed one. We also got to meet more of the characters in Lucky Harbour; Matt, Amy, Grace, Josh… It was so heart warming to read and get to know new characters which I know is the future heroes and heroines for the remaining books in the series I have yet to read.

This was a little predictable in the way that the premise of the book was two people having a fling, repeatedly saying it is only a one time thing or there is no commitment involved, when there really is, but both the hero and the heroine are fighting it because they don’t either don’t want themselves or the other person to get hurt, and then it all works out in the end because one of them have an epiphany and realise they need the other person in order to be happy in their life. So sure it was little predictable but I still swooned hard so I’m not complaining, because Jill Shalvis’ writing makes me feel all gooey inside and I love, love, love when an author has the power to do that with their words.

So, whose story is up next? I believe it is Amy and Matt’s story. This book has made me very curious about Amy and Matt, and what exactly is going on between them. I guess I’ll have read to find out!

MY RATING - 5 SWOONS

No comments:

Post a Comment