Thursday 19 July 2012

Wild Man (Dream Man #2) - Kristen Ashley

Wild Man was the second book in the Dream Man series and it was so much better than the first. SO MUCH BETTER! If you've read my review for the first book in the series then you would you know what my problems were with it.

Firstly, I loved Tess. She was a fantastic heroine. She's been through so much with her ex husband and my heart hurts so hard for her. She's sweet and compassionate, she's so loving and kind to everyone around even people she barely knows like Cob, Dade, Rex and Joel. She was honest, upfront and didn't play stupid ass games in her relationship with Brock. She wanted him and he wanted her, it was as simple as that and basically from the beginning their relationship was solid. There was no struggle to commit, no second guessing their relationship and being together and definitely not one of them chasing the other. It was so damn refreshing to read! And I almost forgot to mention the fact Tess owns her own bakery and makes awesome desserts. I wish she'd make me all the desserts that were mentioned throughout the book, they all sound so ridiculously delicious. And I love the way she was so enraptured and in love with Brock. It made my heart sings.

And it works both ways. The way Brock was with Tess, the way he loved her, held her, always touched her, spoke to her and how protective he was... Now that really made my heart sing and make me feel all gooey and mushy inside. He was also so... UNF. Enough said. And when he threw a chair against the wall, I fell totally and irrevocably in love with him. For those of you have read this, you know EXACTLY what I'm talking about and why I fell in love with him.

He's dealt with a lot of bullshit in his life and when I say a lot of bullshit, I mean A LOT. With his dad, his sister, his old girlfriend, his ex girlfriend's older cousin and most of all, his pain in the ass ex wife.

I loved how we still had Elvira, Hawk, Gwen, Cam and Tracy mentioned in this book and we got to meet new characters like Vance, Martha, Elivira's friends, and Brock's huge and totally crazy dysfunctional yet loveable family.

Oh, and Mitch appeared towards the end. I totally can't wait to read about Mitch. Despite his apparent desire for Gwen in the first book which I despised, I really liked him and very much wanted to know more about him and have the chance to read his own happy ever after.


MY RATING - 5 SWOONS

No comments:

Post a Comment