Thursday 19 July 2012

Law Man (Dream Man #3) - Kristen Ashley

Law Man is the third book in the Dream Man series. I really did love this however I did have a few issues which include the numbering system Mara had, I wanted to bang my head against the wall every time she keep scaling people around her, including herself, and the fact that even though she didn't know the full extent of how the Billy and Billie were living, she still knew her cousin Bill was a deadbeat criminal who obviously didn't look after his children so why didn't she take action earlier? She could have taken the kids ages ago or at the very least called Child Protective Services and reported him.

Aside from that which got on my nerves, I really did enjoy reading this. Mara's insecurity made it difficult to read in the beginning because you just wanted to shake it out of her which once Mitch managed to do, she really did become a great heroine to read. I'm stewing Mitch's words to describe her... She's sweet, shy, smart, quiet, loyal and humorous. When we meet her in the beginning, she has a massive crush on Mitch and is totally in love with him without even really knowing him but because it's like a teenage crush, you feel so proud of her as a reader as you read about how she got her crush.

Now Mitch is the detective that played quite a large roll in Mystery Man and had a cameo in the end of Wild Man. He's so cool, calm and collected, and extremely sexy. He's a man who knows what he wants and goes for it, no bullshit, no games. He just goes for it. I don't know why he waited two years to ask out Mara but I can forgive since he got his girls in the end. Not only did he get the girl, he got a whole family.

Billy, a boy, and Billie, a girl, are the kids of Mara's cousin Bill who is so fucked up that he named both his kids Billy and Billie. No comment. Billie was absolutely adorable at only six years old. Billy in this was nine however I kept picturing him to be at least 14 years old when I reading because his life has been so fucked up, that he does not act like a 9 year old. My heart hurts that these kids, especially Billy, didn't really get a nice childhood. But their becoming family with Mitch and Mara completely makes up for it.

Tack appeared in this one! I was so excited to see him. I've missed him. Any time people mention him in any of the books in this series, my interest has peaked so high. I so badly want to know him intimately. I cannot wait for his story up next! Everyone seems to love the last book in the series so I'm going in with my hopes high, I can't help it! But based on some of the reviews I've read, I don't think I will be disappointed.

MY RATING - 4.5 SWOONS

No comments:

Post a Comment