Thursday 19 July 2012

Mystery Man (Dream Man #1) - Kristen Ashley

Okay so.... I was very disappointed with this book. I desperately hope the rest of the books in this series will be much better.

I loved the hero, Cabe "Hawk" Delgado. Sure, he was stalkerish, deliriously controlling and bossy, but he was an hot, possessive, alpha male.

My biggest problem with the book was the heroine, Gwen. It's been a long time since I've read a book where I really resented the heroine so this one was the first one in a while. Gwen was so irritating. She's thirty three but the way she was acting, you would think she was an immature sixteen year old who is ruled by her hormones.

I mean, she had four guys who were in love with her and wanted her. FOUR! Under no circumstance does a romance book need to have four guys chasing after the heroine. And like her heroine said, she kinda was a slut. Like she's supposedly in love with Hawk yet she's kissing Tack when things go bad and then when she was actually supposed to be committed to the relationship with Hawk after all the drama, she was thinking how good of a kisser Tack is and she's wondering about whether Mitch is a cuddler.

I was rolling my eyes so hard throughout this book and I just wanted to finish reading it and go to the next one. That's another thing... This book was never ending. You'd think it's about to finish and then boom you turn the page and it's another chapter.

The only thing that saved this book was the fact Hawk had dimples. Yes, you read correctly... DIMPLES!


MY RATING - 3 SWOONS

No comments:

Post a Comment