Thursday 19 July 2012

The Sweetest Thing (Lucky Harbor #2) - Jill Shalvis

The Sweetest Thing is the second book in the Lucky Harbour series and I loved it just as much as I loved the first book. This one was Tara and Ford's book.

Tara really grew on me once I had the chance to get to know her character more. She hasn't led an easy life, far from it actually. She and Ford have some important history. Ford... He was so damn amazing, so sweet, tender, strong, laid back and boy does that man have a mouth of him. Some of the things he whispered into Tara's ear... Whew! *fans self*

Like the first book, it was light, sweet, steamy and had the perfect amount of drama and angst to keep readers interested and engaged. There were more serious subject matters in this book and it was definitely more emotional, I think that may be because of the history and connection the hero and heroine have always shared.

Mia was a surprise I didn't expect at all which is another reason why to read this book, because it keeps it exciting. Now I won't tell you who Mia is or what role she plays in the story. I am wondering if we do ever or will ever get Mia and Carlos' story. I would enjoy reading that. But even if we don't, there were still enough cute moments between them that was woven as a small subplot in this book.

I actually liked Logan, which has never happened. Ever. Usually when a character comes in that could potentially destroy or complicate the relationship between the heroine and hero, I always want that character to be killed off. But in this case, it just added to the humour of the story. I guess because we got to see a lot of this in Tara's perspective, we see that there wasn't or ever has been competition between Logan and Ford.

I believe up next we have Chloe and Sawyer's book. God I can't wait to read that and I already have butterflies in my stomach just thinking about the way he might handle Chloe and her asthma.


MY RATING - 5 SWOONS

No comments:

Post a Comment