Saturday 10 November 2012

Fury (New Species #1) - Laurann Dohner


After reading a paranormal romance that disappointed me and caused me to not even finish writing it, it was a breath of fresh air to read this. Firstly, there was actually plot. Hallelujah! While there were a lot of sex scenes, it didn't completely take over the story. Thank god! While I need to have sex scenes in novels when I read, I also need plot and world building. And this fit that criteria to a tee.

There was drama, conflict, sex and action. The hero was possessive, protective, risked his life to save her, he was tender and just a total alpha male. Some of the scenes made me melt and swoon. What more can a girl ask for?

I liked the heroine. She was compassionate, so incredibly tough, she loved Fury so much and she accepted him for what he is and the difference between their species from the start. She was possessive and I couldn't help but smile when she let that show.

This story kept me on my toes and I enjoyed reading it so much.

The last line of this was just absolutely perfect. It's just the most perfect lead in to Slade and Trisha's story.

“Slade had a mental image of Doc Trisha and her smile flashed through his thoughts “I’m undecided but who knows what the future holds.”

I'm so glad this series has a whole collection of novels. I'm so excited to read them all.

 
MY RATING - 4 SWOONS

No comments:

Post a Comment