Saturday 10 November 2012

Valiant (New Species #3) - Laurann Dohner


I'm loving this series so much! I'm so grateful there are nine books currently released, the tenth one is coming soon (I'm assuming next year) and more will be released in the future. So exciting!

I liked Tammy. She wasn't afraid to speak up to Valiant which is sweet in a way and made me laugh because he is someone who is feared among his race. Well, he is gigantic, and he roars and growls a lot.

Valiant takes the caveman thing to a whole new level. He is humungous, he eats raw meat, he has a simple view of life. Throughout he repeated the words 'I belong to you and you belong to me' and the word 'mine' because he really believes it is as simple as that. He's actually so adorable though. He's fiercely protective, possessive and controlling. He's also a sex machine. That boy could just not get enough. Who thought that guy who everyone thinks is one scary mofo is actually sweet and thoughtful.

Sometimes I cringe at the violence in this and the reoccurring subject matter of rape. It makes my stomach turn. This wasn't as bad as the previous two were but even just the thought of what could of happened when the captured her was enough to make me nauseated.

I'm glad we got to meet Jessie and I'm very excited to read her story with Justice. That man deserves a mate and he needs to take some time out of his busy life to recieve the love of a woman of his own.

 
MY RATING - 4 SWOONS


No comments:

Post a Comment