Friday 9 November 2012

Measuring Up - Nyrae Dawn


It was the summary of this book that interested me and let me tell you, I really loved reading this!

Annabel is very easy to relate to. Sure she has bad self esteem because she's been pushed down by many people in her life and insulted because of her weight, but it was because of this that we as readers felt proud of her towards the end of the book. She finally realised she doesn't need people, she only needs herself to achieve and accomplish whatever she wants.

Teagan was beautiful. He's a broken hero which again is part of why I loved him. He may be moody and closed off some times but it's the times when he's smiling, happy, affectionate, encouraging, supportive, I could keep going, that makes him so damn sweet and swoon worthy. It was heartwarming to see the way he reacted to Annabel and how much he helped her learn to stand on her own two feet.

Now I don't know if this is a stand alone or if there are any plans for this to be a series but I would love love love to see Em have her own happily ever after. Maybe from that mysterious boy who was trying to get to know her...

 
MY RATING - 4 SWOONS

No comments:

Post a Comment