Saturday 10 November 2012

Omega Mine (Alpha and Omega #1) - Aline Hunter


I haven't read paranormal romance in a while and reading this reminded my exactly why paranormal romance is my favourite genre.

I love my heroes when they are protective and possessive, they don't share their women and can't tolerate the mere thought of another man touching her, they are dangerous and bad ass, capable of great power, but they sweet, tender and affectionate to their women.

And the heroines are strong and bad ass in their own way, they aren't doormats, they are feisty and can hold their own when it comes to arguing with their men.

And the word 'mate' means so so so much more than the words 'girlfriend' or 'wife.'

Now this was a great book. I really enjoyed it. There were quite a few moments when I just wanted to melt in a pile goo between the hero and heroine. I loved the fact that after they accepted what happened between them, they were solid in their relationship and confident in their love for one another. I loved that. It's so refreshing from the usual misunderstandings that occurs in contemporary romance as a source of drama.

My only complaint is there were more sex scenes then there were dialogue between the hero and heroine. Authors need to find a way to balance that, because a lot of the time the most swooniest moments are when they aren't having sex.

I'm looking forward to reading Emory and Mary story next, I'm even more excited to read Trey and Sadie's story in third book!


MY RATING - 4 SWOONS

No comments:

Post a Comment