Saturday 10 November 2012

On Dublin Street - Samantha Young


So a lot of people have either loved or hated this book. I'm having mixed feelings. I don't quite know how I feel about it. I mean, I didn't hate but I didn't love it.

There were a few moments that attracted me like some of the stuff that Braden says. But overall I didn't fall head over heels in love with him like I usually do when reading. I didn't find him overtly swoonworthy which is what I want to do every time reading romance.

I didn't connect with Joss at all. I hated her name for one thing. Petty, I know. Still it irritated me. She was a hot mess. She hasn't led an easy life. Still, I didn't like her much as a heroine.

I loved Ellie, way more than the heroine. I connected with Ellie more than I did with Joss. Ellie was adorable, sweet, kind, funny. I would love if we could go to back into the past and read about her story with Adam from the beginning. Now that would be awesome.

I hate the dull and flat feeling I get when I finish reading some novels and I felt that with this. It wasn't like the series of books I read where once I finished, I was feeling happy, full of swoons and wishing I could read more. I didn't get that feeling with this.

You know what else I hate... When authors use misunderstandings between the hero and heroine to create angst. Ugh, can authors think of new sources of angst and drama. I found I didn't have to suffer through bullshit misunderstandings when reading m/m.

 
MY RATING - 3 SWOONS

No comments:

Post a Comment