Saturday 10 November 2012

Warrior's Cross - Abigail Roux & Madeleine Urban


I wish I had read Warrior's Cross before reading book 5 of the Cut and Run series. A lot more would have more sense had I done that. I guess I'm the future I'll need to read Armed and Dangerous again to enjoy and appreciate Julian and Cameron again and to see if I had missed anything.

Reading Warrior's Cross reaffirmed how much I love Cameron. Whoever thinks he is plain and unremarkable are so damn stupid because he is so wonderful. He's so gentle, caring and sweet. But he has this inner strength which is amazing. The thing I love about him is that he is not an alpha male. Weird, right, because I love alpha males. But when they are together, Julian is so alpha that you cant help but fall in love with how sweet Cameron really is. That's not to say Julian isn't sweet. Like an awesome alpha male, Julian has a tender side which has me smiling just thinking about it.

There was so much secrecy within this. If it weren't for the fact that we get to see glimpses into Julian's life, the reader would be just as left out of the loop as Cameron is. I can understand Julian's reasons for not wanting Cameron to be subjected to the ugliness and the danger of his lifestyle.

This wasn't overtly steamy but I didn't mind because of how much I love Cameron and Julian, especially Cameron. I can't say that enough, can I? I really did enjoy this. I thought the end was a bit abrupt and I really didn't want it to end because I felt like there could be more and their story wasn't finished yet. I guess it wasn't because we got to see them in Armed and Dangerous and still their story isn't over as they just picked up their cats from Ty and Zane's and settled down wherever they are at the moment.

I hope to see more of Julian and Cameron, hopefully in the Cut and Run series.


MY RATING - 4 SWOONS

No comments:

Post a Comment