Saturday 10 November 2012

Lessons Learned - Sydney Logan


I've had this on my list to-read for ages and I'm not sure why I waited so long to read it.

It was a good read. It was definitely an emotional read. It felt like the heroine cried in every single chapter. Actually, I think she did. She was still likeable though.

The hero, Lucas... Well, he was perfect. Too perfect maybe. But sometimes it's nice to read a hero who is a little too good to be true. He was very swoony. I absolutely loved the fact they were pretty solid in their relationship throughout the book, even though there were a number of complications that threatened their relationship. What I loved even more is was the fact there was no stupid misunderstanding that caused and tension between the hero and heroine.

The subject matter of this book is still a contemporary controversial issue in today's society. As I am not a traditionalist and have been raised to realise that people are different and that's not a bad thing, and that you shouldn't ever have to conform to society's ideals in order to fit in. So naturally, my heart broke so hard for Matt and I can't even begin to comprehend what it would be like to love in a small town who is very religious and traditional.

The style of the writing was fantastic, I didn't spot any errors which is fantastic, and overall, it was an enjoyable read.


MY RATING - 4 SWOONS

No comments:

Post a Comment