Friday 4 January 2013

40 Souls to Keep - Libby Drew

40 Souls to Keep40 Souls to Keep by Libby Drew
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This story is heart poundingly good. I loved the plot. It was what interested me about this particular book in the first place. I went into this hoping there would be a great plot, characters that I'll fall in love with, and mystery and action. I can assure you that I wasn't disappointed.

I love Jase and Lucas. Their story wasn't erotic so if you are going into this expecting explicit, hot love scenes, then you will be disappointed. Their relationship is more sweet and sensual than steamy. While I love my steamy and passionate m/m couples, I can still appreciate and enjoy couples like Jase and Lucas.

The plot was great. There was a lot of mystery. I suspected the person who kidnapped Macy in the beginning yet I was still shocked when it was confirmed towards the end. The action and adventure in this was great as Jase and Lucas were forced to work together in order to solve this puzzle and find Macy.

The secondary characters in this was so good. Macy was absolutely adorable and so beyond her years. She has a gift, it's as simple as that. Martinez was another character that held my attention. She's a genius and you'll see that in a particular scene that happened towards the end. I could've just kissed her.

I enjoyed the flashbacks of Jase's past and I really liked the twist at the end as well. I know some people had a problem with it but I quite liked it. The end... The last was perfect. Absolutely perfect. The author stopped it at the most perfect place and I couldn't keep the smile off my face. My heart just melted and I just wanted to jump for joy when I read that last page. I know a lot of people were disappointed with the anticlimactic ending when Jase's duty was fulfilled, but I still enjoyed it regardless because it gave Jase, and the reader, closure.

There were a few things I wasn't too happy with that caused me to deduct a star. Firstly, I would have like this story to have been more erotic because I love hot, explicit, detailed, passionate m/m love scenes. And secondly, there were questions that I would have liked answered and explained in this. For example, the story behind Jase's power and Lucas' immunity. There are so many more things left unanswered.

I'd still recommend reading this. It was very enjoyable if you're in the mood to read a stand alone, m/m, light paranormal romance with mystery, suspense and action.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment