Friday 4 January 2013

Obsidian (New Species #8) - Laurann Dohner

Obsidian (New Species, #8)Obsidian by Laurann Dohner
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was one even more different than the previous books. I'm so thankful for the differences. I don't enjoy reading recycled material.

Obsidian took the whole caveman thing to a whole new level. He's newly rescued and has been in a coma so he hasn't adjusted to the New Species life at Homeland whatsoever. My heart absolutely broke for him for what he had to endure while in captivity and when we find out the true nature of his relationship with his mate who was killed by the technicians at Merciless Industries.

This book was really focused on the hero, the heroine and their relationship. The hero because he hasn't adapted to life at Homeland because of the hero and his relationship with. The heroine because of her situation and the sacrifices she made for Obsidian. And their relationship and all the complications that arose because of it.

The climax and the drama of this was different from the previous books because (view spoiler)[there was no human hate groups or pregnancies or attempted rape or death scenes. Instead it was the separation between the hero and heroine that was the source of the drama. (hide spoiler)]

Shadow's book is up next and I'm very excited because the heroine is a Gift and all the heroines in the previous books have been humans. I'm sad though because it's the last book released so far and that means I'll have to wait for more books to be released.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment