Friday 11 January 2013

If You Hear Her (The Ash Trilogy #1) - Shiloh Walker

If You Hear Her (Ash Trilogy, #1)If You Hear Her by Shiloh Walker
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I am so glad I decided to read this series. I've had it on my to-read self for a while and I was in the mood for some romantic suspense, and that's exactly what I got.

The plot of this is gripping. I thought by the time I finished this book, I would have my questions answered and I'd find out who the killer is. But, no. Instead I got a cliffhanger. The mysterious and suspenseful plot will play out over the three books in this trilogy so I guess I'll have to wait until the last book to find out who the murder is among the residents of Ash. My heart is already pounding with the anticipation.

I really liked Lena as a heroine. She's fiercely independent, loyal, protective of her friends, and she's also blind which just makes the fact that she's independent even more awesome. Our hero, Ezra, was just as wonderful. He's protective, tender, and I couldn't help but love him. He's also a cop who suffered betrayal and a bad experience so he isn't sure if he wants to return to being a cop yet or not.

This was a great love story. Ezra and Lena were scorching hot. The romance was hot and the sex scenes were sizzling. Especially their first sex scene against the wall... I nearly lit up in flames. That's how hot it was.

Though Lena and Ezra are the hero and heroine in this book, the secondary characters are very vital, particularly since they get their own books in this trilogy. We have Law, one of Lena's best friends, who is an extremely private personal but a successful author under a pseudonym.

Law hired his childhood friend Hope who has escaped an abusive past and will be the heroine in the next book. I'm even more interested now that Hope is in an awful predicament. We also meet Remmy, a local lawyer who is interested in Hope. We'll get the chance to get to know him in the next book as he is the hero.

Now if you want a sizzling hot romance, a gritty and gripping storyline, and intense suspense that will leave your heart pounding, then I'd recommend this book to you.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment