Friday 4 January 2013

Murder Game (GhostWalkers #7) - Christine Feehan

Murder Game (GhostWalkers, #7)Murder Game by Christine Feehan
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I have been waiting for Kadan's book for so long. I so badly wanted to get inside his head and get to know him. He definitely passed any and all expectations I had going into this.

He's a man of steel, dangerous, lethal, capable, controlling, dominant... He's an alpha male. But we got to see a completely different side of him when he was with Tansy. She thawed the ice within him. He was so loving towards her, so tender and thoughtful, so possessive and utterly protective. It was so heartwarming. And his desire for her... *fans self* That man is insatiable.

Now while I love strong heroines, like Mara for example who is a total badass, a warrior herself, I also do like heroines who are softer. Tansy is one of those heroines. She has a softer side, sensitive, emotional and feminine. She's not a warrior and she may not have an instinct to kill, but she is a badass in her own way. She's capable and powerful, and many wrongly underestimate her. While Tansy doesn't have the strongest backbone, she's not entirely submissive either. I still enjoyed her and she didn't annoy or irritate me. I know a lot of readers would have a problem with a heroine like her so I commend CF for her decision to write a heroine like Tansy knowing there would be readers who wouldn't like her.

There was a lot of drama in this. The truth about Tansy's past and her father... Let me just say Whitney is a vile monster. I detest that man. There was mystery and suspense behind the murders. There was lots of action. There were so many tender loving moments and swoon worthy moments. The steam factor in this one was off the charts. Kadan is a highly sexual man who is utterly insatiable when it comes to Tansy but I felt the sex in this was too much, there were too many of them and I felt it overrode the plot a bit. I felt like I was reading an erotic fiction which was surprising because CF hadn't written that many sex scenes in the previous GW books. I hope it won't be the case for the remaining books in the series.

This book had it all and I loved it.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment