Friday 4 January 2013

Ruthless Game (GhostWalkers #9) - Christine Feehan

Ruthless Game (GhostWalkers, #9)Ruthless Game by Christine Feehan
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I really enjoyed this book, the storyline and the characters. Rose is an awesome heroine. She's strong, fierce, and ultimately a warrior. She is capable and can get the job done. I love her protective nature when it comes to Sebastian. But we got to see a vulnerable side to her which made her even more awesome. The way she loves Kane and the tenderness that stems from her feelings towards him was wonderful and heartwarming.

I love Kane. He's an alpha male like the rest of the GW males. He's protective, possessive, fierce, capable, loyal yet passionate, loving and tender. I love the contrast between how we see him in the battle field - strong, devoid of emotion, dedicated to getting the job done - and the kind of man he is with Rose and the kind of father he is to Sebastian - so gentle and tender. I swoon...

This is the first time in the series that the there was plot focus on a child and it was great because it was different. We got to read about Sebastian's birth and his growth and development throughout the course of this book which is intriguing and interesting because we don't know what expect of GW children. Having a baby as a plot point also gave CF the opportunity to use breast feeding and lactation as an erotic incentive. I know some people might have been probably put off by this but I thought it was smart.

I love Team Three. The fact that not only are they a team, they're a family. They all grew up together, they look after and protect each other, and most importantly, they love each other. I love reading about their interactions with one another and the camaraderie between them.

The thing on my mind right now after reading... Javier and Rhianna need their own book. Like right now. I want to know more about them, their pasts, their feelings towards one another and what goes on inside their heads. They are the couple I'm most interested in reading about.

There are so many GW's, I don't know how CF is going to get through them all. But I want to read all their stories. I just have to find the patience to wait until more are written and released.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment