Friday 4 January 2013

Conspiracy Game (GhostWalkers #4) - Christine Feehan

Conspiracy Game (GhostWalkers, #4)Conspiracy Game by Christine Feehan
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I absolutely loved the fourth installment of the GW series. In the second book of this series, we met Jack Norton and he was described as fierce, lethal, completely devoid of emotion and essentially a killing machine. He's the epitome of an alpha male. But with the heroine, Briony... She made him feel. She brought out all these emotions within him and she gave him things he'd never expected to have in his life. The love of a woman and a (view spoiler)[family of his own, including his twin brother Ken and Jack's own unborn twin children. (hide spoiler)]

I loved how evident throughout this book was the fact that Jack loved and protected the two most important people in his life: Ken and Briony. I loved how different this one felt. It wasn't very scientific at all so it was very easy to understand what was going on. I didn't have a hard time following what was happening in this one.

There was steamy scenes *cough* particularly the one when they are hiding from the helicopters *cough*, there were angsty scenes, action scenes and, such sweet and tender scenes that made me swoon. Jack may be seen as emotionless, he may not be a man of many words and he definitely is gruff, but some of the stuff he said made me melt.

I really liked Briony as a heroine. She's loyal and she didn't fight her feelings for Jack as long as some of the heroines did in the previous books. I also loved the relationship she developed with Jack's twin brother. It was so endearing how they were almost like brother and sister which was evident in the way they teased each other.

(view spoiler)[I cannot believe Whitney is conducting breeding experiments. It makes me sick to my stomach but I should've probably seen it coming. He is a monster. I can't begin to even comprehend how Lily is feeling about all of this. She did love him without realising what he has been doing for all these years.

I cannot believe Briony is also a twin! I know her twin, Marigold or Mari, is still being treated and imprisoned as a lab rat and is under a breeding experimentation. I'm very excited to read her story. What Luther revealed in this book about a solider named Brett 'disciplining' her makes me feel sick. But it was also revealed that she is a fighter. Definitely can't wait to get to know her better. (hide spoiler)]


I can't wait for Ken's story next up. I so badly want to get inside his head. I'm so excited he is going to be paired up with Mari and I'm so looking forward to getting to know the both of them.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment