Friday 4 January 2013

Tiger (New Species #7) - Laurann Dohner

Tiger (New Species, #7)Tiger by Laurann Dohner
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

There was a completely different tone to this one and I absolutely loved it! It was such a breath of fresh air. It didn't follow the same formula to the previous books and that's is one of the reasons I loved reading this one.

Don't judge the heroine by the summary of the book. It makes Zandy sound like a slut to put it bluntly, but once you read it you realise that is not the case at all. I really loved Zandy. First of all, her unusual name is awesome and pretty. Secondly, she's sweet, caring and loyal. She was a lovely heroine to read and best all of, she didn't get on my nerves!

Tiger... what can I say about him? He is unf, to put it mildly. He is fierce, protective, possessive... a total alpha male. I couldn't stop smiling at the fact that he has spent the last seven books saying he would never take a human mate because of the dangers, yet here he is, falling in love with a human female without realising. Even though he adamantly said he would never mate because he enjoys his freedom to much, from the beginning he was sweet, tender, devoted, attentive and romantic. It was adorable to witness. Tiger would probably have to be my favourite New Species male.

The secondary characters were fantastic to read. I love Midnight, she deserves her own novella at least. Richard was hilarious! I love how much he spoke of his love for his wife even though he is human. It was nice to see. We got to meet Dr. Allison and learnt of her obsession about 880. They we are the heroine and hero in the book so I'm looking forward to reading about them.

And Vengeance... oh, my heart. I raged at his role in the previous book but I didn't hate him because I'm aware of his grief at the loss of his mate. It doesn't compensate for his actions in the last book or his action in the beginning of this book. But after his talk with Tiger, we got to see a deeper side of him. He needs his own book and he needs to human mate. One who is willing. I so badly want to get to know him deeper and get inside his head. He needs a happy ending after experiencing so much pain in this life, more so than the rest of the New Species because of his loss.

A mention needs to go to the human hate groups... they are a bunch of crazy ass nutcases. Seriously! But I like that the drama they caused was slightly different to the previous books. I also liked that outcome was different as a New Species (view spoiler)[got hurt instead which is something we haven't really had to experience so far. (hide spoiler)]

This book was definitely a favourite. Looking forward to see what the next book has in store for me.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment