Friday 11 January 2013

If You See Her (The Ash Trilogy #2) - Shiloh Walker

If You See Her (The Ash Trilogy, #2)If You See Her by Shiloh Walker
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

And the mystery continues...

I didn't enjoy this one as much as I did the first book. I thought Remy and Hope were great. But because there was just so much going on, especially with solving who the murderer is and also the added complication of Hope's ex husband, I wasn't as enthralled in the love story as I was in Lena and Ezra's romance.

I wanted more Hope and Remy, and more about their relationship, and how their relationship grew and more focus on how they overcame obstacles such as Hope's inner strength and how she found the strength to enter into a new relationship when she had such a bad marriage that she's still running from. The scenes with Hope and Remy together were great though. The sex scenes were pretty steamy but the love scene in her apartment made my toes curl because it was soft and romantic. I loved it.

The pacing in this was good and the storyline moved quite quickly but it was done in the way that it kept the reader on their toes.

We didn't find out who the killer was, of course. I have a possible candidate who I think it is but I have no evidence to keep back it up so I guess we'll have to wait until the next book to find out.

I'm looking forward to reading Law's book and getting into his mind. I'm interested in getting to know Nia who we were further introduced to in this book. She's angry, I know, and full of grief. But I hope we get to see another side of her in the next book. But most of all... I'm so excited to read the next book because I'm dying for this mystery to be solved.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment