Friday 4 January 2013

Shadow Game (GhostWalkers #1) - Christine Feehan

Shadow Game (GhostWalkers, #1)Shadow Game by Christine Feehan
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I've had this series on my to-read shelf for quite a long time now and I'm so happy that I've decided to start reading it.

The first book in a paranormal romance series can be confusing at times because it is the book where the author world builds. There was a lot of scientific terms because the heroine generally goes off on tangents when she's putting two and two together and trying to figure out the situation. It did get confusing and I often found myself reading what she is saying but not actually absorbing it. Still, I understood enough to know what's going on so it wasn't like I was lost by the time I finished reading. Thank goodness!

Lily is a very logical and cerebral but we did get to see her emotional side throughout this book. I enjoyed her as a heroine even though I couldn't always relate to her. I loved Ryland. I loved the fact we got to know about his past and his sweet relationship with his mother. I loved his relationship with his men and how loyal they all are to one another. I found their group dynamic hilarious so it added humour to the book. But when in danger, they are all very protective of each other and have each others backs.

The relationship between Lily and Ryland was heartwarming. It was love, lust, want, need, desire at first sight. Ryland was sure straight away in their relationship and how he felt about her. And although it look Lily a little longer to come in touch with her feelings for him, she eventually did and it made it all the more beautiful. The sex scenes were UNF, especially that kitchen scene, but their love for one another really shone through those scenes and it made it even more hotter.

I'm very curious about a lot of things. Especially about those young girls who were sent away. Will they be the future heroines in this series? I'm looking forward to finding out and I'm excited to read the next book in the series.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment