Friday 4 January 2013

Street Game (GhostWalkers #8) - Christine Feehan

Street Game (GhostWalkers, #8)Street Game by Christine Feehan
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I was a bit hesitant to read this one because I'd read reviews that didn't like this as much, mainly because of Mack, his controlling and dominant ways, and he inability to fully commit himself to Jaimie, so it took me a while to get into this one.

But as I read further, I realised I was actually enjoying this one and I shouldn't have been hesitant in the beginning. I liked Mack. He wasn't my favourite hero GW but I still liked him. He is controlling. He's an alpha male and he isn't all that great with expressing himself and his feelings through words, instead he does it through sex.

I enjoyed getting to know Jaimie as well. She isn't submissive but she does have submissive tendencies. Her relationship with Mack wouldn't work if she was the one who was dominant and needed to control. She's not a warrior but she is powerful and badass in her own way.

There was a lot of plot in this one. I believe there was more plot than there was focus on the romance aspect and the relationship between the hero and heroine. While I love romance, I enjoyed how much focus CF devoted to the plot which will set up the story for other books in the series.

I'm particularly interested in Kane's story. There's so much we don't know about his time with Whitney and I want to find out. We also met Rose in Ken and Mari's story so I want to know where she is after breaking free.

I'm also wondering if Rhianna will get her own story. She's a part of Team Three and was mentioned a few times in this one. I really am hoping she does get her own book with Javier as the hero. But I guess we'll have to see. I'm hoping we will get to actually meet her and see more of her in this series.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment