Friday 4 January 2013

Mind Game (GhostWalkers #2) - Christine Feehan

Mind Game (GhostWalkers, #2)Mind Game by Christine Feehan
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

So this is the second installment in the Ghostwalkers series and I enjoyed it maybe even more than the first as it was less confusing. I've become better acquainted with the world CF had built and also because the hero and heroine didn't use quite as many scientific terminology that Lily did in the first book. There were some parts that were still a bit hard to follow and I found myself confused at times but it was still enjoyable and didn't put me off.

I really loved Nico. He's portrayed as silent and deadly in the previous book and in the beginning of this book but we see a completely different side of him when he's in Dahlia's company. We got snippets about his past, we got to see his tender side when he realised how significant Dahlia's was becoming in his life and we got to see his protective and possessive side. A prime example of an alpha male. He's silent and fierce but we got to see how important the Ghostwalkers are to him and Lily as well.

Dahlia was an enjoyable heroine who is totally bad ass because of how powerful she is, but the ramifications of her powers were staggering and made me realise that I definitely would not want her power. My heart warmed at the thought of Nico being her anchor. There was so many sweet and tender scenes as well as steamy and hot scenes.

We were introduced to so many male characters that are actually Ghostwalkers who Dr. Whitney experienced on in the privacy of his own home. I'm curious how many people he actually experimented on and of whether they will all get their own stories told. I'm also curious to know if there are any Ghostwalkers females that exist outside of the 12 little girls he experimented on. I guess I'll have to keep reading to have my questions answered.

I'm hoping Jesse Calhoun will get his own book because he definitely caught my interest in this one and with the unfortunate condition he is left in because of what he suffered in this book, my interest has peaked even more. I'm also curious to know if any books in this series so far have a hero and heroine who are completely sure in their relationship and not have to worry about the other slipping through their fingers. Again, I guess I'll have to keep reading.

Yay, the smooth ass talking Gator is up next!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment