Friday 4 January 2013

Shadow (New Species #9) - Laurann Dohner

Shadow (New Species, #9)Shadow by Laurann Dohner
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I'm going to cry! I've loved this series so much and have become so invested into the world of New Species that I'm so sad that I have to wait until the next book is released which is probably next year sometime. I was so excited that there were nine books released so far but I devoured this series because I couldn't get enough.

The story between Shadow and Beauty was very emotional and beautiful. Finally we have a heroine who is something other than a human, she is a Gift of primate nature. I really enjoyed her character. She's stronger than given credit for, she's curious because of the sheltered life she's led, she's loyal and I was proud that she overcame her past and got a happy ending with a mate of her own. I loved Shadow! He's a total alpha male but he's warm and sweet. Despite any struggle or complications that arose, he was devoted to her, even if she didn't know it.

I like how the drama has been a bit different and it was in this one too. Beauty really proved that she isn't weak, she's a fighter. This one also made me curious about other characters. I want to know Kit's story. I know there is more to her than her tough exterior. I know she doesn't want to settle down but I almost wish that would happen for her. Leo... A New Species who has a tail! He needs his own book because I want to know what he can do with that tail of his.

We got to see a different side to Creek in this one and her desire to (view spoiler)[have a baby of her own makes me hope she finds herself a human mate. Maybe Trey? Or Shane? A member of the human task force or maybe a new human doctor at Medical? (hide spoiler)] Trey who is human and who we have gotten to know in the previous books had a scene where Shadow saw the longing in his eyes to have a mate of his own. I hope that means he will become involved with a New Species female. The possibilities are endless: he could mate with a Gift he rescues or he could mate with tough NS female and maybe become the first procreate.... The prospects are exciting.

Moon's book is up next. We meet him in Obsidian's book and he was warm, friendly, mellow and laidback. My heart broke for what had happened to him. I hope he can find himself again. I'm very curious to see who he will be mated with...

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment