Friday 4 January 2013

I, Omega - Kari Gregg

I, OmegaI, Omega by Kari Gregg
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This was the first time I've read a m/m paranormal romance because I love both genres and definitely need to find more books under this category.

I did enjoy this. It has a mix of paranormal as well as light BDSM. A very interesting combination, I must say. I liked Gabriel's submissive tendencies and his need for his master. I liked Cal's dominance and his pure adoration for Gabriel. I liked that there was such a huge focus on the relationship between this two.

However, this book fell flat for me. Where was the world building? I needed at least a little bit of it. Everyone knows paranormal romance needs world building. There was some explanation about omegas and their position in the pack but why are they the most vulnerable? Do omegas and alphas naturally mate? What does the mating ritual consist of? Do mated couples feed of each others blood? Is it like this for the other mated couples? It's questions like these and so many more that I would've liked to have the answer to.

This had so much potential but sadly, I didn't connect to it the way I wanted to. Maybe I'll have better luck next time.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment