Saturday 14 September 2013

Dark Needs at Night's Edge (Immortals After Dark #5) - Kresley Cole

Dark Needs at Night's Edge (Immortals After Dark, #5)Dark Needs at Night's Edge by Kresley Cole
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Another fantastic installment in this series! I really love not only the hero and the heroine but also their story. It was very romance, full of longing and yearning, and very passionate. This all stemmed from the relationship between the hero and heroine, and the way they feel about each other.

This book managed to capture my attention from its haunting prologue. The characters were fantastic and just as captivating. Conrad was lost in his madness, driven by the need to kill and bloodlust, but it was his madness and the obvious loneliness he feels that made my heart break for him and made me fall in love with him. Add to the fact that he's a virgin... Enough said.

But it was Neomi's story who really caught my attention. Very haunting. Her character though was very likeable as she's passionate about life in general, she's kind, cultured and her intense feelings for Conrad was heartwarming. It was her loneliness that called to me though as well as her yearning to be noticed when she was forced to be forever in the background in life. I also enjoyed the fact that Conrad was the sexual innocent while Neomi was the sensual seductress.

The plot of this was centred around the love story and I absolutely loved that fact. This was fantastically written, different from the other books, an emotional romance, and hauntingly beautiful in many, many ways.

This quote should sum up why I love this story so much.

“Would you follow me anywhere?”
“Into the sun.”


I cannot wait to read Cade's story. After getting a glimpse at the end of this book about the situation he is in, well I'm very anxious to begin reading it. I think Cade deserves his own happy ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment