Saturday 14 September 2013

Pleasure of a Dark Prince (Immortals After Dark #9) - Kresley Cole

Pleasure of a Dark Prince (Immortals After Dark, #9)Pleasure of a Dark Prince by Kresley Cole
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Garreth totally and completely made this story for me. As soon as we meet him in the very beginning of this series and I was dying for his story. I was disappointed back then when I realised I'd have to keep reading through the series and reach the 9th book until I could finally read his story with Lucia, and it was every bit worth the wait.

First of all, I love Lykae's. I love shifters. They are definitely my favourite supernatural creature to read. It's their animalistic tendencies, their rawness, their rage when their mates or offspring is in danger, their need to protect, to be physical, sexually and even just the physical need to be touching, to show affection for their mates. If I were to choose a mythical creatures to be in a relationship with, I'd choose a shifter without a doubt.

Not only does Garreth have all those things I listed above, he is generous, thoughtful, and sweet. I think he may be my favourite hero in this series.

I did like Lucia. But I also felt frustrated with her a bit because of the secrecy. I understand her need to keep her secrets. it wasn't the fact that she had secrets that frustrated me, it was that throughout the entire book it served as a wedge between the hero and heroine's relationship which drew out the romance a bit.

But it worked out in the end. The action was good, the romance was good, the fascinating world Cole has built remains awesome and captivating, the sex scenes were so steamy, the sweet scenes were heartwarming, and it ends with a cliffhangers... So the plot thickens.

I love it. It left me wanting more and more. The anticipation is too much, I can't wait to jump into the next book straight away.

No comments:

Post a Comment