Saturday 14 September 2013

Kiss of a Demon King (Immortals After Dark #7) - Kresley Cole

Kiss of a Demon King (Immortals After Dark, #7)Kiss of a Demon King by Kresley Cole
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I wasn't too sure exactly how I felt about this book when I first began reading it. I think the reason for that was a number of reasons like the plot of the book and the characterisation of Sabine.

For the former, I just couldn't predict how the relationship between the hero and heroine will pan out. And as for the latter, Sabine is the Queen of Illusions. She's considered to be evil, though I don't think she's exactly evil. She certainly is amoral and can come across as a total bitch. Considering the life she's led though, who can blame her.

The difficulty I had with her in the beginning was that I wanted to see her vulnerable side and we didn't get that until around the second half of the book. I know quite a few readers who had a problem with Sabine as a heroine and I can understand why, but she really grew on me because when I reached the second half of the book, I absolutely loved it and couldn't put this book down.

The relationship between the hero and heroine was more developed, their feelings for one another was more clearer, the plot was in full swing and there was unresolved issues, and action, drama, and triumph. It made for a great story.

This book wasn't overtly focused on violence and action, I loved KC's focus on the hero and heroine's relationships in this series. Because I'm a sucker for romance. And Rydstrom made my toes curl. From the endearments he called her, to the tenderness he shows her at different moments, to how protective and possessive he is (Sabine was possessive as well, if not more than the hero and I loved it), to the moment when he absolutely captured my heart when he dreamt of what he needed the most. That scene was my absolute my favourite in this entire book. It just made me feel all sappy.

The ending was fantastic. The epilogue put a huge smile on my face. It was the perfect way to end their story.

I cannot wait to keep making my way through this series. I'm very excited for Murdoch's book up next up and to get to know Daniela who was mentioned briefly in the second book. I'm looking forward to reading their story.

No comments:

Post a Comment