Saturday 14 September 2013

Real (Real, Raw & Ripped #1) - Katy Evans

Real (Real, Raw & Ripped, #1)Real by Katy Evans
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

So everybody is loving this book, and mostly that is because of Remy which I completely understand, and I thought I'd jump on the bandwagon with the rest of you.

I loved Remington. And I loved the involvement of mental illness as a theme in this book and as an integral part of Remy's character. The subject of mental illness is something I hold close to my heart so it appealed to me so much. I've heard of many cases of people with bipolar but it was nice to get a look into the way the author presented it in this book.

But...

I did not like the way this author writes, at all. It sounds harsh but it's how I feel and it got of my nerves, so much so that I found myself skimming the sex scenes because I did not like the way they were written. I didn't find the sex scenes hot. I wasn't squirming in my heat, my heart wasn't beating faster or felt any warmer which is what usually happens when I'm reading a sex scene that's hot as sin. There was the use of the word 'nubbin' a couple of times... Enough said.

Brooke did get on my nerves. Remy has so many layers to him and underneath all that brawn and aggression, he actually really felt for Brooke and saw something different in her, something more and something real.

But Brooke was quite simply a bitch in heat. I don't know how else to describe her. Every second thought was how much she wants Remy, her crazy lust for him, it goes on and on and on. *yawns* Would have been nice to see a bit more depth in her character. And what happened with Scorpio, I wanted to punch her in the face because how stupid can one be?

There were so many grammatical errors in this, my literary heart couldn't take it. I found myself skimming a lot of this book as well because it just wasn't working for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment