Saturday 14 September 2013

Tangle of Need (Psy-Changeling #11) - Nalini Singh

Tangle of Need (Psy-Changeling, #11)Tangle of Need by Nalini Singh
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

My mind is going crazy right now! That ending... WOW!

Firstly, let's talk about the changelings. I enjoyed Riaz and Adria's story together. It was definitely the most erotic. We actually had quite detailed sex scenes in this and you won't see me complaining. This series is such a plot focused series that it was so great to have some scorching hot detailed sex scenes.

But underneath the steaminess between the main couple, there was a lot of emotion and conflict mainly due to the fact Riaz had found his mate but couldn't have her. We finally got to meet Lisette in this one and I was pleasantly surprised about the way in which Nalini wrote her character. She was lovely in general and loyal to her husband that she really loves. She didn't create trouble for Riaz so it's impossible to hate her.

The relationship between Adria and Riaz, two broken people brought together in order to seek comfort from one another and heal each other, I thought it was beautiful. They aren't my favourite couple but I still enjoyed watching their relationship grow and develop. Though a lot of people didn't buy how it worked out between them, I thought it was lovely because they created their own different kind of bond that's no less powerful or full of love.

It was Riaz that made me love them through. He knew from the beginning that their relationship could really go somewhere, that there was something more between them than just friendship and sex. I love his determination, his persistence and the way he fought for her more than once. I loved him as a hero so much!

I loved the subplots that were woven throughout this with some of the other mated pairs. I am so happy for Mercy and Riley! I have a smile on my face when I think about how far they've come since their book. And we also got to see a lot of Sienna and Hawke. I loved reading about their mating ceremony, but what I loved most was seeing them as a newly mated alpha pair. They've come such a long way as well.

Now, let's talk about the Psy and discuss some of my theories. If you don't want any spoilers, I suggest don't read past this point.

*

I don't think Aden is the Ghost, but there is a chance I think Vasic is the Ghost. I know a lot of people are dead set sure the Ghost is Kaleb and there is a good chance he is, but it depends if whether Nalini is making it look like it's him as the obvious choice. And then I think to myself, there is a chance it is someone else entirely! A part of me thinks it's Vasic though. So I guess we'll see.

And as for that ending... What a major cliffhanger. I have a huge idea who I think is the woman Kaleb has been looking for and has finally found. This was mentioned briefly in the second book but I'm thinking the woman is Sahara Nightstar.

These two quotes are from the second book about Sahara to back up my theory. "And five years ago, one of my cousins vanished—Sahara was only sixteen." She let herself think about what that might mean. "You think the Council or the PsyClan might be keeping them captive, working them when they're lucid and letting the dark visions ravage them when they're not."

And..."An idea that might save those like her cousin Sahara, peoplewho'd disappeared into the mystery of the Net, but might still be alive. Caged. Brutalised for their abilities.”

When Kaleb found the mystery woman, it did say she was in a cell in a padded room with no air or windows which automatically makes you think of madness. Maybe Sahara has been driven to madness by the violence and death she foresees.

I'm curious to see if my theory proves correct.

No comments:

Post a Comment