Saturday 14 September 2013

Reaper's Property (Reapers MC #1) - Joanna Wylde

Reaper's Property (Reapers MC, #1)Reaper's Property by Joanna Wylde
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book reminded me how much I love books that are cantered around a motorcycle club gangs. This book was awesome and probably the most quotable book I've stumbled upon. Seriously, I wish I could just quote the entire book to all of you. You all need to get onto this book, you won't regret it.

Horse is... There are no words. In RL, I couldn't put up with someone like him. I'd junk punch him. He's a jerk and this book is completely sexist. I wouldn't be able to live in that lifestyle either. I think the appeal for me is the way books completely romanticise it. In my fiction fantasy land, he's the perfect male. He may be a jerk but he's a redeemanle one. And those precious times when he becomes the sweet and affectionate man, it's all worth it. I totally swooned. He's actually quite loyal, protective, possessive, caring and tender. You just wouldn't expect it. And he's hung like a horse, hence the name...

Marie is a woman who knows nothing about bikers and is suddenly thrown into the lifestyle. She turns into a total badass. There's a scene towards the end of the book where I just wanted to hug the shit out of her and its the scene when she gets viciously protective towards Horse, it was awesome.

This book wasn't without its flaws. I'm not going to list them, but this was still an enjoyable read. There's romance, sex, humour, action, a bit of suspense... It had it all. I know this definitely won't be everyone's cup of tea and if you have something against reading about possessive and controlling men in books then I wouldn't recommend this to you, but for those of you who love it, then this is perfect for you.

I find the whole dynamic of outlaw motorcycle gangs combined with a romance story very interesting and I really hope this author continues to write more books in this series because I'd love to see Em get her own book.

No comments:

Post a Comment