Saturday 14 September 2013

The Duke's Perfect Wife (Highland Pleasures #4) - Jennifer Ashley

The Duke's Perfect Wife (Highland Pleasures, #4)The Duke's Perfect Wife by Jennifer Ashley
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I really enjoyed this one. I definitely didn't love it as much as Cameron's story, and Ian's story. I enjoyed it more than Mac's story though.

Firstly, let me mention again how much I love Ian's involvement in these books. He is quite the genius! I thought the role he played in this was fantastic and I laughed when I had realised what he'd done. I should have realised it would be something like him to do. Again, he's a genius. And I love even more his love for Beth and his two children. He is so fiercely protective of him, it warms my heart.

Secondly, let me tell you that Eleanor is a really likeable heroine. She talks too much to the point where she babbles. She has a total disregard for obeying orders. She was just really cool. I enjoyed reading about Hart as a hero as well. He's definitely not my favourite but I still liked him. He has sacrificed a lot for his family and he made a lot of tough decisions in order to give his family the best life he can. And he's done that. My heart also broke for him as he mourned his first son that he had his first wife who both died shortly after the birth.

I still didn't quite understand why exactly Eleanor broke up with him the first time. And I still don't quite understand exactly the type of relationship he had with with his mistress. I can overlook it though. It still made for an enjoyable book.

A few people mentioned a separation that bothered them in this book. Going into this, I was expecting an angsty separation between the main couple until they finally manage to reunite one way or another. I can assure you this wasn't the case at all. So if you've read something like that in another review and it may have put you off from reading this book, don't let it.

I really want to read Fellows and Louisa's book. The little teaser we got them in this book was fantastic and it left me wanting more between them.

Btw, I loved the ending in the book. The family portrait was so sweet and it made for a perfect ending. I'm excited to read the Christmas novella now with all of these wonderful characters!

No comments:

Post a Comment