Saturday 14 September 2013

In Bed with a Highlander (McCabe Trilogy #1) - Maya Banks

In Bed with a Highlander (McCabe Trilogy, #1)In Bed with a Highlander by Maya Banks
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

After reading this author's Montgomery and Armstrong series, I couldn't for the life of me decide what I wanted to read and nothing appealed to me. All I wanted to read was the 3rd book in the Montgomery and Armstrong series but its not out yet. I then stumbled across this series and was so excited because I wanted to keep reading this author's historical romances. They are so fantastic and so was this book!

They are different from the other series. The heroines in the other series all have some sort of physical flaw or disability. And the clan's always seem to be hostile towards the heroine.

It was so lovely to read something just as great but still different. The heroine is strong-willed, sassy, disobedient, fiercely protective and has such a big heart. She was very admirable. She fought for women which I loved! And her blatant disregard of obeying orders was hilarious!

Ewan... He has such a big heart as well. He's a wonderful leader who puts the needs of his clan first and foremost. Watching him gradually soften towards Mairin was beautiful. She became so precious to him and the way he came to cherish her was so sweet. I loved his protectiveness towards her.

I loved the dynamic of McCabe clan. They welcomed her with open arms, accepted her as mistress of the clan and as a part of their own. It was very heartwarming watch her build relationship with the women, the man and the children.

The drama in this was so great and made up for such a great plot. I cried in one part because it was so sad what had happened! I won't say anything because then I'd be spooling it. I will say that Duncan Cameron needs to die, that is all.

This book had everything. Drama, action, romance, sex, sweetness, violence, betrayal, some angst, and humour.

I cannot wait to read the next book! My heart goes out for Alaric because all he wants is true love of his own and I'm excited to read him getting it!

No comments:

Post a Comment