Saturday 14 September 2013

Lothaire (Immortals After Dark #12) - Kresley Cole

Lothaire (Immortals After Dark, #12)Lothaire by Kresley Cole
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

My thoughts are chaotic right now and I knew I needed to write my review down right now. I'm still reeling from the end of this book, but before I get to that let's start from the beginning.

I did love this. Not as much as some of the previous books in this series and it definitely wasn't my favourite. But I still enjoyed it.

I loved to hate Lothaire, then loved to love him at times and then back to loving to hate him. He's an anti-hero. And although there were some moments when I thought I could love him, KC didn't make him something he isn't and I loved that. She didn't make him into the perfect, charming, tender hero. He was as always arrogant, conceited, evil and says some stupid things that made me want to hurt him.

Ellie is his opposite in every way. She is one of two things made me love this book. She's loyal, caring, sweet, she loves her family, she's dealt with so much bad shit in her life with her head held high, she's relatable, and most of all she challenges Lothaire, she surprises him, she calls him out on in his shit as opposed to everyone else who is too scared too. She's extremely intelligent, snarky, sassy, fierce and she has a huge heart with a lot of love to give.

The second thing that made me love this book was the end. There were many questions were answered. Some of the plots that were mentioned in the previous books, particularly the beginning books, came together in this and it became abundantly clear how clever KC is as the plots in this series are intertwined. Things about people like King Demestriu, Lothaire's father, his mother, the Dacian's, Nix, and Kristoff were revealed. And yet more unanswered questions arose which will create a whole of plot for the future books of this series. KC has created a damn awesome world and she writes very cleverly. I foresee she has a lot in store for us and I can't wait!

I don't know how close we are to the Accession but I know there are so many characters story that I want told, particularly Balery the Hag. Who is this demon and where is he now? I want so many Lorean's stories but I desperately want to get inside Nix's head. She deserves her own happiness since she's spent all her eternal life creating happiness in the end for others.

No comments:

Post a Comment