Saturday 14 September 2013

Mr. Perfect - Linda Howard

Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect by Linda Howard
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I have never felt more disturbed and creeped out. This book gave me the chills, a sick/nervous feeling in my stomach... It was just so creepy.

I hated the feeling. However, if an author can write a romantic suspense and their words can have this kind of affect on the reader, well it means that the author is doing their job right.

This is the first Linda Howard book I've read and I've had this book on my to-read shelf for so long that I completely forgot about it. I should have read this ages ago.

I loved the romance in this. It was very sexy. Sam is just... UNF. He's built huge, he's hung, he's also witty and has a smart mouth. I need a Sam Donovan for myself. I even liked Jaine as a heroine. I thought her sarcasm and that smart mouth of hers was hilarious. I could totally relate to her in that way. I thought she was a hoot.

The plot about the List wasn't realistic at all. But that didn't take away from the book was well written and it was fast paced which kept me on the edge of my seat and made me not put the book down once. The mystery aspect of this completely blew my mind. I was thoroughly disturbed by who the killer turned out to be but it also mind fucked me.

Well played, Linda Howard, well played.

No comments:

Post a Comment