Saturday 14 September 2013

The Hawk (Highland Guard #2) - Monica McCarty

The Hawk (Highland Guard, #2)The Hawk by Monica McCarty
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I really enjoyed the second book in this series. There's still a lot of history mentioned and still a lot of characters who I get confused with but I'm slowly starting to learn and understand more of the world this author has created for us.

I really enjoyed this couple. The hero is a charmer and ladies just fall at his feet but the heroine calls him on his shit and though she can see how incredibly good looking and charming he can be, she doesn't always fall victim to his flirting ways. I love that Ellie saw something deeper beneath the ladies man-no commitment-no attachment facade and brought it to her attention.

I loved how smart the heroine was and how she connected so many of the dots. Hawk was a great hero, but there were two instances where I could have kicked him because he was such an asshole even though he thought he was doing it for the right reason the second time.

I love how they came to be together at the end. So awesome! (view spoiler) And I love seeing Erik finally get his head out of his ass and fight for his relationship.

That epilogue, wow! This series just got so much more excited. I can't wait to see what's going to happen now and I'm so looking forward to reading the next book in the series!

No comments:

Post a Comment