Saturday 14 September 2013

Duck! (Avian Shifters #1) - Kim Dare

Duck! (Avian Shifters, #1)Duck! by Kim Dare
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book just completely tugged at all my heartstrings.

Ori was adorable. Seriously, one of the sweetest males I've ever read and he brought out all my protective instincts. I just wanted to wrap him up in my arms, envelope him with love, and cuddle him forever. He's just so vulnerable and emotional. I loved him!

I loved Raynard. He was a fantastic Dom, he loved his submissive so much and would do anything for him. Even sacrifice his own happiness for Ori to have the life Raynard believes is right for him. And then after, when he was so willing to change himself even though its not in his nature. Well, I fell just that much deeper in love with him right at that moment.

This book just tugged at all my emotions. I smiled, I laughed, I swooned, I melted into a pile of goo, and I got so teary reading Ori's monologue after what happened after his transition. I've only cried few times when reading and I cried in this one. I was just as heartbroken as he was.

This was a beautiful and emotional read. I would have liked more world building but this book was just so great as it is. I can't wait to read the next book in the series!

No comments:

Post a Comment