Saturday 14 September 2013

Never Seduce a Scot (The Montgomerys and Armstrongs #1) - Maya Banks

Never Seduce a Scot (The Montgomerys and Armstrongs, #1)Never Seduce a Scot by Maya Banks
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I've read a couple of historical romances in the past but not many. But I came across this book recently and the summary drew me in. And when I read some friends reviews and ratings of this book, I knew I wanted to read it straight away.

I am so glad I read this. I read books to swoon and so many people have said that a lot of the books in this genre are very swoon worthy.

This was utterly swoon worthy!

Graeme, there are no words for this hero. You'd think because he's a warrior, he must be a brute. He is the polar opposite. He was kind, gentle and sweet with Eveline, even in the beginning when he believed the rumours her. And as I kept reading, he became protective, possessive and so utterly tender, my heart just melted. I loved seeing this warrior in love!

I really loved Eveline as well. She's not mad or daft as everyone believes her to be. She's merely deaf. She's so incredibly smart though and she even taught herself how to read lips after a near fatal accident that robbed her of her hearing. My heart broke so much for her because of the way the people in Graeme's clan was treating her. She was so badly to be accepted and made so much effort, and in return they hurt and humiliated her. She's so brave, determined and loveable though.

I really loved the ending even though there was no epilogue. It may have been slightly abrupt but it was still so sweet.

I can't wait to read Bowen's story next up!

No comments:

Post a Comment