Saturday 14 September 2013

Demon from the Dark (Immortals After Dark #10) - Kresley Cole

Demon from the Dark (Immortals After Dark, #10)Demon from the Dark by Kresley Cole
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I adored this book! Now I understand why many of my GR friends rated this quite high. It was everything they'd said it would be.

The focus on the romance was what made this book for me. It was just so sweet and that was because of the hero. Malkom is tortured, lonely, and has been betrayed his entire life. His past made my heart ache. He's a brute and a total caveman. But there's so much more to him than that. He's capable of such great tenderness and gentleness, it made my toes curl. I just adored everything about this hero.

Carrow, a fierce and sassy witch, made for a great heroine but it was Malkom who totally stole the show. And the addition of Ruby was just perfection. It was so sweet and incredibly touching to see the interaction between Ruby and Malkom. Did I mention the hero was a venom? So awesome. I was so excited to read about yet another mythical creature among the Lore, especially this one considering their a rare breed.

Some people had a problem with the communication barrier between the hero and heroine but I didn't because I think it created humour and definitely made me giggle.

The subplot about the captured Lore creatures was fantastic and made for great drama and action. The pacing was great, especially towards the end. The ending was heartwarming and the perfect ending for the hero and heroine. No one deserved their own happy ending more than Malkom did.

The plot twist about the identity of Declan Chase was so good. I did not see that coming and it made me so excited to read the next book straight away.

I'll be leaving you with this quote because this scene made my heart melt, cause butterflies in my stomach, and made me want to weep for the position Carrow is put in.

“Ara?"
She jerked her face up. "Huh? Where were we?"
But his expression had grown serious, the lesson forgotten. He interlaced his fingers and said, "We are bound."
"Bound?"
He collected a piece of rope, knotting it.
"Oh, you mean bound?"
He gave a nod, then drew in the sand.
An infinity symbol? "Clever demon, how did you know that...?"
He was gazing at her with a question in his eyes.
"Bound forever?" And somehow she met his gaze and lied, "Yes, demon. Bound forever."
As if to make her feel guiltier, he gathered her into his arms, cupping her face against his broad chest. His voice a deep rumble, he said, "Carrow is Malkom's."
She wanted to sob.
"Yes?"
"Yes," she answered, wishing that it could be so simple between them. Demon meets girl. Girl might be falling for demon.”

No comments:

Post a Comment