Saturday 14 September 2013

The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie (Highland Pleasures #1) - Jennifer Ashley

The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie (Highland Pleasures, #1)The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie by Jennifer Ashley
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was a great book. I liked the style of writing. I loved the fact I didn't get confused. It wasn't full of history. It was written in the way that I knew exactly who each character is and what was happening in the storyline.

I loved Ian! He's considered a madman and was thrown into an asylum by his own father because of it. My heart broke for him because he's not a madman. In the world today, he'd be a man who has a form of autism I'm guessing. But of course in the 1800's, the type of behaviour he exhibited was considered to be one of a madmen. They weren't equipped to deal with someone who has a condition like Ian and it just made me want to protect him.

I really loved Beth as a heroine. Even if she is too curious for her own good. But she has balls, and she didn't come from money but inherited much later in life so I liked the fact that she wasn't a woman who is rich, spoilt and snobby. And I loved how she felt towards Ian. She never painted him as a madman and I loved her for it. She defended him, desired him and loved him.

I really enjoyed meeting all these characters and I can't wait to get to read all of their books. I think I'm going to like this series. There's a great set of characters, romance, sex, and mystery which adds excitement to the plot.

No comments:

Post a Comment