Saturday 14 September 2013

Dreams of a Dark Warrior (Immortals After Dark #11) - Kresley Cole

Dreams of a Dark Warrior (Immortals After Dark, #11)Dreams of a Dark Warrior by Kresley Cole
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I loved the plot twist. That's what made me so excited to read this. Because never would I have guessed that Declan Chase, who we see as a villain, is actually Aidan the Fierce who was briefly mentioned throughout this series as being tied to Regin.

I loved that this was centred around the world of the Lore and the many mystical creatures within it. We had the opportunity to learn about the existence of many other creatures, and got a better insight into the Lore which was great because KC'S has built such a captivating world and I believe we've only seen a facet of it.

It was great to get to know Regin better. In the past books, she's an ultimate prankster and ridiculously comical. But I loved seeing another more vulnerable side to her.

Declan, what a tortured soul that man is. Because we got to see so much in this book from his perspective, he completely redeemed himself. Because we learnt about his book, why he made the choices he did and how he really felt about Regin.

I enjoyed the secondary characters that were introduced. I loved we got to see flashbacks into Aidan's life (and his reincarnated lives) and his many experiences with Regin. I just love the way this book ended, that last passage just put a smile on my face.

I am desperate to get to know Nix, that crazy motherfucker or Fut Nucking Nix as she is often called, I need to get inside her head. I'm desperate to get inside her head to see how her visions play out, what she's really thinking, if she ever longs for a male of her own, if there's a vulnerable side to her...

But first, Lothaire is up next. Seriously, I love to hate that guy. I can't work him out. We got to get inside his head in this book but I want to know more about his mate and more specifically, I'm very curious to see how he will react to her. Will the man dubbed the Enemy of the Old, one (or the) most powerful vampire among the Lore, be tender and sweet towards his mate? I hope so, because I may just start loving him if that is the case.

No comments:

Post a Comment