Saturday 14 September 2013

Never Love a Highlander (McCabe Trilogy #3) - Maya Banks

Never Love a Highlander (McCabe Trilogy, #3)Never Love a Highlander by Maya Banks
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

What a perfect ending to a trilogy I loved so much! I would have loved more books in this series because I want to just keep reading and devouring this author's historical romance series.

Rionna is fierce, loyal and so awesome. She is a warrior herself and it is so badass. She's so brave and courageous. She has balls of steel. But she still has a feminine side to her and vulnerabilities like the rest of us. My heart went out to her when she revealed why she first chose to don a mannish appearance at a young age. I loved her as a heroine.

I loved Caelan, even though he had a lot of asshole moments that make me want to junk punch him. But it was the moments when he finally saw for himself how precious and special his wife really is that made me fall in love with them. He has come across so cold throughout this series but its an armour to protect himself. He carries such a burden in his shoulders, so much guilt. I felt sorry for him. The changes Rionna brought out in him were heartwarming.

I loved watching the romance between Caelan and Rionna grow. I even loved watching them fight because it was highly entertaining. But I loved that it was (view spoiler)

I've said it once and I'll say it again. I love Gannon! He has had to deal with three headstrong women and it makes me love him so much whenever he interacts with the three heroines of this series.

This entire series is such a great historical romance! Now I need to go find another series to read as awesome a this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment