Saturday 14 September 2013

Deep Kiss of Winter (Immortals After Dark #8) - Kresley Cole

Deep Kiss of Winter (Includes: Immortals After Dark, #8; Alien Huntress, #4.5)Deep Kiss of Winter by Kresley Cole
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I did enjoy this, however I wasn't as captivated by it as I was for the majority of the books in this series that I've read so far.

I didn't feel as connected to the love story between Murdoch and Daniela which is a damn shame because I was excited to read their story and about their relationship. I think it started out really good and I was loving it in the beginning when they first met.

But after that, their relationship just felt so frustrating. There was so many conflicting emotion between them. Their happy ever after was a difficult one and it was almost too because for me, it took a bit away from the romance in this. This wasn't as romantic as the other books for me and everyone knows from the books that I read that I am a total sucker for romance.

Towards the end though, when the solution to the hero and heroine's problem came into play, I began enjoying it as I did when I read the beginning.

I did love how the four Wroth brothers and their Brides came together for Christmas at the manor where they lived before they were turned, it was just great to see them all together and happy. I'm very curious now where they will go from here and when Thrane's Key will be used...

But for now, I am so ready to read another Lykae hero and even more ready to finally read Garreth's story. I've been waiting so long, so now I can finally dive in!

No comments:

Post a Comment