Saturday 14 September 2013

The Warlord Wants Forever (Immortals After Dark #1) - Kresley Cole

The Warlord Wants Forever (Immortals After Dark, #1)The Warlord Wants Forever by Kresley Cole
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The hardest thing about reading any paranormal romance series is that the first book is always the hardest to read because you're thrown into an unknown world and you need time to grasp all the world building.

But once it all starts making sense and you start loving this world you're thrown into, it's such a great feeling.

I've had this series on my to-read list for a while and I'm not sure why I've waited so long to read. I know so many fellow GR members have said this this one of their favourite paranormal romance series. I hope I love this series as much as them.

I really enjoyed this first book. Wroth is big and gruff. I cringed when he commanded her against her will. There were times when my heart hurt for him though. All he wanted was his Bride. Myst is quite a character. She's feisty and comical, and I loved when we saw glimpses into her vulnerable side.

I love reading sex scenes, no doubt about that. But there was a bit too much sex and not enough storyline with it. Considering this is apparently a prequel to the series, I would have thought there'd be more storyline. I guess I'll have to wait and read more books in the series before I can comment without bias.

I am very excited about Emmaline's story and the Lykae who "thinks she’s his werewolf queen or something.”

No comments:

Post a Comment